Century West has an exciting opportunity for an IT Manager/Systems Administrator
. You will identify initiatives that develop and enhance Century West’s use of technology in business operations and will help set technology strategy for the organization. You will be responsible for the administrative and technical operations for Century West and serve as network administrator and systems engineer in a multi-state environment. Ideally, we believe this position will best be located in our Portland office, but are open to locating it in one of our other offices.
Some of what you’ll be doing:
You will bring:
- Analyze business requirements by partnering with key stakeholders across the organization to develop solutions for IT needs
- Develop strategic plans and implement technology to ensure computer capabilities can meet the company’s growth and objectives.
- Recommend, develop, plan, purchase and deploy all hardware and software assets
- Respond to the needs and questions of network users; troubleshoots, diagnoses, and fixes hardware and/or software problems.
- Establish and maintain network users, user environment, directories, and security.
- Responsible for designing, specifying, configuring, installing, and maintaining LAN/WAN hardware, software and telecommunications equipment.
- Research and evaluate new technologies and negotiate contracts with hardware, software, telecommunications, support, and training vendors; install, maintain, and upgrade computer workstations and software.
- Collect and analyze network and system performance/utilization information and maintain systems in optimal working ability.
- Bachelor’s degree in a computer related field or equivalent education and experience
- Minimum of 5 years in technical operations and/or equivalent combination of training and experience
- Experience in the Architectural/Engineering industry a plus
- Experience leading and managing IT projects and rolling out IT infrastructures across various technologies and multi-offices
- Specific In-depth knowledge of Auto-Desk – Civil 3D platform – including troubleshooting and standardization; Document management software
- Strong critical thinking and decision-making skills
- Ability to explain complex information and technologies in simple terms
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Server environments
- Experience with Office 365 administration
- Knowledge of networking (LAN, WAN, VLAN, routing, firewalls, etc.)
- Experience supporting customers and clients, both in person and remotely
- Hands-on hardware troubleshooting experience
We offer a competitive compensation package including medical, dental, and vision benefits; paid vacation and sick leave, and holidays; life and disability insurance, Employee Assistance Program; and 401(k) plan.
Please consider this exciting career opportunity and email your cover letter and resume to HR@centurywest.com
Century West Engineering Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer – All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.