Century West Engineering, a premier Northwest civil engineering consulting firm, is looking for a Senior Project Engineer, with 7+ years of increasingly responsible engineering experience to help support and develop Century West’s municipal market sector in the technical discipline areas of water resources, stormwater management, and water/wastewater design in the Puget Sound area.
You will have well-rounded experience in any or all of the areas of: water supply and distribution, wastewater/sewer design, and stormwater analysis and design. Stormwater experience could include stormwater conveyance, flow control and treatment design, watershed analysis, flood control management, LID and stormwater best management practices, hydraulic modeling, and regulatory compliance.
The ideal candidate will have experience identifying, pursuing and winning a variety of public/municipal utility, stormwater and environmental projects.
You will have:
- Manage stormwater projects from inception to final design
- Assign, assist and review preparation of design plans and technical documents
- Provide mentoring to technical staff members
- Communicate technical information to varied audiences (e.g. clients, staff, regulators and stakeholders)
- Assist engineering staff at all levels with strategic technical planning
What you might have:
- Bachelor’s degree in civil or water resources engineering
- Professional Engineering License in Washington required, or the ability to do so within 6 months
- Highly proficient with Civil 3D and stormwater modeling software such as HEC-RAS, WWHM or similar.
- Thorough knowledge of applicable guidance such as the Department of Ecology Stormwater Management Manual for Western Washington, King County Stormwater Management Manual and WSDOT Hydraulics Manual
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of multi-discipline teams in both leadership and support roles
- Strong working knowledge of public sector markets
- Ability to perform engineering activities for hydraulic and hydrologic models, drainage systems, alternatives evaluations, and detailed design
- Thorough knowledge of NPDES stormwater permits
- Thorough knowledge of flow control techniques, approved treatment technologies, and low impact development strategies
- Experience preparing and reviewing plans
- Experience developing specifications and managing the work of consultants and contractors
- Experience interpreting and applying codes and regulations
We offer a competitive compensation package including company subsidized medical, dental, and vision benefits; paid vacation/sick time and holidays; life and disability insurance, Employee Assistance Program; and 401(k) plan with a company match.
Please consider this exciting career opportunity and email your cover letter and resume to HR@centurywest.com
An Equal Opportunity Employer – All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.